Jessica Simpson: Second Pregnancy Was a Shock, Much Different Than First

Jessica Simpson: Second Pregnancy Was a Shock
Paul Drinkwater/NBC


Jessica Simpson says she was channeling a certain curvaceous reality star when she posted for a bikini bump self-portrait on Twitter during her Christmas holiday in Hawaii.


“I felt really hot, and I thought I deserved a Kim Kardashian moment, you know? I was really feeling it, like, ‘Oh, my bump looks cute. I’m going to share that,’” the Fashion Star mentor quipped during an appearance on Tuesday’s Tonight Show with Jay Leno.


But Simpson, 32, says her second pregnancy has been anything but a feel-good time. She’s been nauseated and not having the same sort of cravings as when she was expecting daughter Maxwell Drew, who’s now 8 months old and beginning to crawl.

“I’ve been really, really sick so I can’t wait to actually be able to crave something like I did in my first pregnancy,” the singer and actress explains. “I’m due in the summer so I still have a ways to go — hopefully I start feeling better.”


That morning sickness may be a good thing for the Weight Watchers spokeswoman. Simpson says she gained “a lot more” than her doctors recommended the first go-round, but this time she hopes to eat healthier and not go too crazy.


“I didn’t really make any healthy, good decisions,” she says of her first pregnancy. “The last time I ate everything in sight. I was really happy to be pregnant and I just didn’t even step on the scale. I was the person who turned around and said, ‘Just don’t tell me, I’m having fun.’”


“I guess I just didn’t realize you could gain that much weight that quickly,” Simpson explains. “I had fun doing it but once I had Maxwell I realized that it all wasn’t water weight and I had to really work hard. In four months I lost over 50 pounds.”


The second pregnancy, she added, was not planned and surprised both her and fiancĂ© Eric Johnson, whom she joked was “really proud” that it happened all over again so quickly.


“Apparently it was a part of God’s plan for my life,” Simpson says with a laugh. “I was extremely shocked. I was shocked because I was going through a lot of hormonal changes trying to get back to the old, vibrant Jessica. And you know, it was kind of like a one-night stand. And it happened … all over again!”


Her much-anticipated wedding, she says, just keeps getting pushed back.


“We’ve had two different wedding dates, but he keeps knocking me up,” Simpson wisecracks. “I’m doing it very backwards, I know! I’ll just keep my legs crossed this time.”



– Andrea Billups


You're reading an article about
Jessica Simpson: Second Pregnancy Was a Shock, Much Different Than First
This article
Jessica Simpson: Second Pregnancy Was a Shock, Much Different Than First
can be opened in url
http://newsfroterer.blogspot.com/2013/01/jessica-simpson-second-pregnancy-was.html
Jessica Simpson: Second Pregnancy Was a Shock, Much Different Than First